Monday, April 5, 2010

Change in Strategy Leads to Hot Fishing


I have changed strategies greatly in the last few days, and it is paying off. I have been observing lots of carp this week very close to shore in flooded locations and near structure. I had to ask myself why I was casting way out in open water when I saw so many fish close to shore.
So, I am now concentrating my efforts on the margins and making short casts of only 6-15 feet. I am also being very quiet along the shore. I am taking a finesse approach using just maize on my rig with no method. The flavored maize that has been hot has been Big Time Banana and Creamy Pineapple from The Bait Stop. It is working like a charm as I had one of the hottest outings of the year, catching 9 decent sized carp in just one hour of fishing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment