Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BOILIES







You don't see many people using boilies in RI, but let me tell you that it is a super bait when you are targeting big carp. I have been using boilies a lot in September since I ordered some from
K-1 baits (http://www.k-1baits.com/), one of the big online bait stores in the US. I have been using their pineapple boilies in a 16mm size. Here's how effective they have been for me. The 8 biggest fish I have landed in September, sizes 16-25 lbs have ALL been taken on boilies. I have experimented with using corn on one rod and boilies on the other and the boilies have gotten all the action. They are that effective. I might add that I am using them with an oatmeal based method ball packed around the sinker.



Boilies are hardened balls of bait that have been cooked or boiled. A baiting needle goes through easily. They are very durable and can not be picked apart like a doughball by pesty horned pout and bluegills. They are also convenient. They come in a zip lock bag. They are also inexpensive since a one pound bag is about 8 bucks.



Boilie fishing has been an eye opener for me this month and I plan to stock up on different flavors and sizes in the off season for use next year.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for your website.

    You can visit us in www.apcf.pt Carp Fishing in Portugal

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete