Friday, May 6, 2011

The Switch to Whiskey Maize



This has been the best week of carp fishing for me since the season began. I have landed loads of carp in the teens along with several 20's and the 32 lber. One of the keys to my success has been my switch in flavors of maize. Every year about the first of May I will discontinue using pineapple and fruitti flavors and replace it with alcohol based flavors. Nearly all my fish this week were taken with Wild Whiskey maize that used to be sold by the Bait Stop (sorry...out of business). If you are into making your own, boil up some maize, put it in a jar and add some whiskey from the bottle. It's that simple. Another flavor that works out real well at this time of year is pineapple flavored Skyy vodka. I guess the carp are looking for that alcohol buzz in the prespawn period which is happening right now in most places..

No comments:

Post a Comment