Saturday, July 2, 2011

Best Sweet Corn



I had been pushing Green Giant Super Sweet Corn as the best stuff to use when using sweet corn for carp. Now, I have found something even better. Great Value Sweet Corn, the brand sold by Walmart, is better and cheaper. The kernels are larger and they seem to be more durable. There was a thread about this on the CAG Forum and it appears that many carp fishermen around the country who use sweet corn for bait prefer this brand. My friend and fellow RI CAGer, Jeff, uses this stuff and soaks it in alum overnight before flavoring it, and he claims it hardens the skin on the corn. Might be worth trying.

3 comments:

  1. hi there my name is jonathan im a carp fisherman from philadelphia pa,im very interested and more info about why carp love vodka so much my flavor has always been vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. They love vodka and they love whiskey flavor. Don't know why. I suspect they will outproduce your vanilla especially if you add a bit of pineapple flavor to the alcohol flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alcohol is produced by rotting fruit or berries, so it may attract carp naturally for that reason.

    ReplyDelete