Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Conditions All Wrong BUT Fish Hitting Like Crazy

I almost didn't go fishing today thinking the conditions were all wrong and the fish would not be hitting.  All spring I had done poorly in the cold, nasty weather and I figured today would be no different.  However, I had made arrangements to show two saltwater friends how to fish for carp so I figured we would give it a try anyway (more on this later).  Boy, am I glad we did get out and fish.
Today was one of the best days of the spring for me.  I fished with these friends in a couple of different spots and we came away with 7 carp between 10-15 lbs.  They were all great looking mirrors.  We also had several more hits and fish on. All were taken on chick peas, my new favorite bait.
We quit in late afternoon and I came home for supper.  After supper I met up with fellow CAGer Nick.  We fished before dark, and we each landed one decent fish.  My fish is at the right, a mirror of close to 20 lbs.
So, in this unpredictable world of carp fishing, this is just another example of how you just can't predict what is going to happen.  It's a matter of getting out and fishing and hopefully having a little luck.  And, luck has certainly been blowing in my direction the last couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment