Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Multiple Waters Now Producing

For much of the early part of the season I was fishing one place and catching carp in that one spot.  However, in the last week or so, I have been roaming around sampling different waters around the northern part of the state and catching in multiple spots. The fact that I am finding fish in many different locations tells me that the fish are getting more and more active.
I noticed that in the last few days the fish are also more aggressively taking the bait.  Unlike the slow takes and taps back in early to mid March, the fish now are screaming off on the hit, a sure sign that their activity level is on the increase. So, April is here, the weather is warming and things are looking up.  It should continue to get better.
As for baits, I am having my best success using a kernel of unflavored sweet corn and a kernel of pineapple flavored Pescaviva on a #8 hair rigged hook. See the the good size common at the right that was taken on that bait combination today.  More and more I am also adding a method ball to my bait set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment