Friday, July 3, 2015

Hot and Heavy

Here's a photo of a near 20 lber. taken on July 2.
Fishing continues to run hot in early July.  Try to find
a quiet and productive spot to fish this holiday weekend.
That terrific streak that I was on at the end of June has just continued into July.  In the last two days I have landed 22 carp, fantastic numbers for early July.  And, I've had some really good ones too that reached up toward 20 lbs.
I will say, though, I am in a transition period.  About half those fish were caught on mulberries and half were caught on maize and artificials.  The mulberry thing is quickly dying out as it always does in early July. I would say it has, at most, a few days left in some places.
The challenge this weekend will be to find one of those quiet, productive, out-of-the-way spots where there is not a lot of activity.  Carp fishing is usually not good where there is boat traffic, people swimming and disruption in general.  A lot of people will be out and about this holiday weekend.  Besides finding a quiet spot, think about fishing quiet times like early morning, late evening and nighttime.  Those times can also be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment