Saturday, April 22, 2017

Cold Weather Cools Off Fishing

This good looking mirror was landed
right before dark. It's been slow going
in this cold and lousy weather.
The last few days have not been good. This current cold spell has put a shiver into the fishing and has really slowed the spring express that had been rolling along for me. I was out carp fishing all day today and hit a bunch of spots.  I was staring at the ole skunk until right before dark.  Luckily, I landed a pair of good looking mirrors at sunset on sweet corn on the hair. That was about it....six hours of fishing and just ten minutes of any activity.
The other other troubling aspect to today was the fact that I hooked and landed two large snapping turtles.  I also had the bait taken off several times by sun turtles.  Yes, these armored beasts are starting their rein of terror on my carp fishing.  Oh well, another sure sign of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment