Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Poundage

This is one of 16 good size carp
landed in the last two days.
The action has been hot in this
cold and lousy weather!
I was in a slump last week.  So, I did what I often do when in a slump.....make some adjustments.  I decided to really switch venues and try a spot that I have only had marginal success with in the past.  I also changed baits.  And, I decided to target larger fish.  Heck, if I was going to only get one or two fish, it might as well be big ones.
Maybe it was this crappy weather, maybe it was the adjustments or maybe I just got a little lucky, but I hit it BIG these last two days.  I landed a total of 16 carp that ran from 8 to 20 lbs. in two short sessions.  I would say the average fish went 14-15 lbs. So, the poundage for the two days amounted to over 220 lbs. of carp.
Now, that's breaking out of a slump in a big way!

No comments:

Post a Comment