Wednesday, June 14, 2017

500th Carp Landed; Pests on the Prowl

This good looking mirror is number 500 on
the year.  It was landed right at dark.
I landed my 500th carp of the year today in a good day of fishing.  I fished for a few hours this morning and landed 7 carp. Later, I fished a couple of hours in the evening and landed 3 more.  The 500th carp of the year turned out to be a good size mirror carp that was caught on two kernels of maize fished on the hair rig.  It was landed right at dark. This is the earliest in the year I have ever reached the 500 mark.
Today fished like a typical mid summer day as I was continually bothered by pests.  Those three ninety degree days shot up the water temperatures and put the pests into high gear. Besides those ten carp, I also landed three horned pout, one snapping turtle and one sun turtle.  The turtles were particularly pesty as they kept stealing the bait.  In the evening it was impossible to fish a method ball as that would only draw the turtles into my offering. Oh well, summer fishing has arrived.  Just have to put up with the pests and check the bait often.

No comments:

Post a Comment