Friday, June 16, 2017

Phenomenal Day in the Rain; Two Thirties Landed!

32 lbs.
Two THIRTIES, three TWENTIES, five HIGH TEENS and two smaller ones. This all unfolded for me today in a phenomenal outing at the Connecticut River. This was the BEST day of the year for me in terms of numbers and sizes of fish. My biggest one went 32 lbs. (biggest one of the year for me), and I also had another fish of just 30 lbs.  In all my years fishing, this is only the second time that I was able to catch two thirties in one day.
Credit the rain and a dropping barometer for getting the fish in high gear. I got all my fish on a combo bait of maize (2 kernels) and a pink artificial corn fished on the hair rig.  I was also using a method ball packed around my three ounce sinker.
Over the years I have had some of my best big fish fishing on rainy and crappy days.  This was just another example of fantastic fishing on a lousy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment