Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Record Month Ends with Epic Day

Even before I went out today, I knew this was the best February of carp fishing I had ever experienced.  So, today's outing was the icing on the cake, and a lot of icing it was!
This is carp number 20 on the day, and it was
landed right at dark. This epic day produced
some large fish as well as big numbers.
This was a day of firsts and a day of plenty.  I landed my first 20 lber. of the year, a brute of common. I got my first "big" mirror of the year, a fish of at least 15 lbs.  It was also the first time ever that I was able to catch 20 carp in one day in the month of February. By the end of the day, my total for the month of February shot up to a whopping 65 carp, a record number for me.  In most years, I am more than pleased with 15 carp in the month of February.
I fished from morning until night in several different venues today, and they were all producing in this 60 degree weather today.  Everything was alive and active. I saw fish rolling on the surface, turtles sunning themselves on logs and gnats flying around. It seemed more like May today than February. The fish were also more active than in the previous outings this week.  I had a few blistering takes as the alarm was screaming on the bolt.  The fish were also more active on the fight as they ripped line off the reel with drag peeling runs.  Once again, more like May than February.
So, carp fishing is very hot right now, and the way the weather is looking, this hot action should continue right into March.

No comments:

Post a Comment