Thursday, October 31, 2019

Another Stormy Day Delivers!

Today's biggest fish, a 27 lber., sits in the water in the sling
in wet leaves and is about to be released.
 Nasty weather delivered again today!
I hate to sound like a broken record because I have written about this so many times in the past.  I just knew today would be a good day.  It was warm and very stormy with lots of wind and rain.  It was just the type of day that delivered big fish for me in the past, and it did again today.  I got out this morning and landed two  nice commons of 12 and 16 lbs. I went back this evening and landed another two fish, but this time, they were big fish (RI standards) that weighed in at 23 and 27 lbs.
Carp love this type of weather and often these wary fish become aggressive and careless in the bad weather nastiness.  They are opportunistic feeders that will feed voraciously under the cover of nasty weather. The bigger ones are tough to get under normal conditions, but they become vulnerable in bad weather.
All my fish today fell for a combo bait of maize and one white artificial corn fished on the hair rig. I did use a method ball packed around my sinker.
No question, the bigger fish are on the fall feed right now.  I've landed 5 twenties in the last ten days and a good number of teen fish.  Our RI CAGers have also entered some impressive fish in our fall combo tournament. Now is the time to land that fall biggie of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment