Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Warm Fall Nights Productive

Here's a small mirror that
was landed tonight.
This big common that sits in the water
was landed a few nights back.
It's that time of year when I am fishing more and more at night for carp.  It's getting dark earlier and earlier which is one reason I am fishing more at night.  The other reason is that it is very productive. Many fishermen don't realize that carp are big nighttime feeders. In fact, many experts say that some of the biggest and toughest carp to catch are more likely to be caught at night. Last year I landed a big 30 lb. common while fishing in RI at night.
I've fished several nights in the last week.  While I haven't gotten big numbers of carp, I've gotten some really good size fish in the low twenties along with some smaller fish. I stick to the same methods I use in the daytime going with a combo bait of maize and artificial corn. Sometimes I pack a method ball around my sinker.
If you are thinking about fishing at night, my suggestion is to pick a safe area. Inexperienced fishermen who want to fish at night might also choose lighted spots with streetlights nearby.  If you can, prebait a few hours before you fish.  That always seems to work better. In addition, warm fall nights are always better than cold nights.  The fish are more active and likely to hit on warmer nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment