Saturday, March 28, 2020

Trying to find some normalcy.....

This is normalcy for me.  I got this nice mirror yesterday
evening in a solitary spot.
These times are anything but normal.  I like things to have a normal pattern about my life. Much of that normalcy involves some type of fishing every day along with at least an hour or two of exercise. My exercise pattern has been sort of out of sync.  Normally at this time of year I am still skiing four to five days a week.  That ended two weeks ago.  So, I turned to bike riding earlier than normal.  Usually, I ride on bike path near my house. Forget it.  That place has been jam packed with bikers, walkers, dogs, kids, etc. In a lot of cases, no regards for social distancing. Riding along the path has been a maze of people and congestion. Not good. So, I am now riding on the roads. It's safer in some ways (no infected people), more dangerous in other ways (cars).
My fishng has also been modified. I am really trying to fish solitary places where no people are around.  I've got a number of spots like that where I can carp fish, but the fishing has not been great in those places. Also, many other good spots (trout stocked waters) are still closed until Opening Day, so it has been limiting. March has been a disappointing fishing month so far for me. The weather has been up and down and that has killed the fishing consistency.
Still, I am able to fish, making for some normalcy. Everyone in my family is still healthy and that is the most important thing here.
I shudder to think what a mandatory stay at home order would be like.  I don't even want to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment