Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Ticket to Success

April is turning out to be a decent month for me.  I've landed good numbers of carp and had only one blank so far this month which is unusual with all this wild and cold weather. I've also been doing all my carpin' close to home and in state. The ticket for success for me has been one of my old favorites that I have written about a lot.  It is one white artificial corn along with one kernel of sweet corn on the hair rig (see photo at right). The artificial is at the end of the hair and locks in the delicate sweet corn.  Sometimes I use a method ball, sometimes I don't. The method is usually determined by the amount of turtles that are around. They are getting more brazen and active by the day as the water warms.  In the last two days I have landed 8 carp on this combo rig. Not big numbers but very steady fishing for me.

2 comments:

  1. What size hook do you recommend? I fish for sucker and would really like to get a master angler carp or catfish. Thanks! Any particularly good source online for the fake corn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally use a #6 or #8 hook. I usually use carp hooks bought from Big Carp Tackle. Big Carp also sells the fake corn. White, pale pink and pink are the best colors.

    ReplyDelete