Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Monster I Was Looking For!

Finally, I got that biggie I was looking for all spring here in RI.  With Covid-19 around, I was forced to generally do most of my carp fishing locally in RI this spring. I know it's very difficult to get a real big fish (over 30 lbs.) here in RI, but I got one today.
I mentioned in my last post that there were bigger fish being caught recently here in RI by members of our RI CAG group.  The warming weather and the pre-spawn has gotten the normally cautious, big fish to start roaming around and feeding.
The big common that I landed today tipped the scale at 31 lbs. It hit my usual go to bait, a white plastic pop-up corn along with a kernel of maize on a hair rig. I was also fishing a method ball packed around my sinker. The fish was released in good shape!
With the warm weather here, I suspect more big ones will be caught in the coming week, but the window of opportunity to catch them in the daylight will be short. Many of these biggies will spawn soon if they haven't already, and once the water really gets warm, it will turn into a nighttime affair.
31 lb. common. Biggest one of the spring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment