Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Slow Climb to 500

Here's a recent catch, a beautiful
fully scaled mirror. I hit number 500
on the year today!
 I haven't posted much lately because there is not much to post. I am in a mediocre pattern.  I'm consistently getting some fish but not many and not many big ones.  There are many reasons for this mediocre fishing. The hot weather has been a killer as I have been unable to fish much past noontime due to the heat. The turtles have been very troublesome as they are super active in the heat and constantly harassing my bait.  Low water is everywhere due to the lack of rain.  I'm seeing carp moving around but not feeding.  Maybe they are stressed in the low, warm water.

The only noteworthy news for me lately is that I landed my 500th carp of the year today. This year I got off to a real fast start in the winter/spring numbers-wise, and it looked like this year was going to be lights out, but we all know a year of carp fishing is a marathon and not a sprint. This summer things have really slowed. The virus has not helped with these travel restrictions to nearby states.  In the summer I usually fish a lot in CT and MA, but that has come to an abrupt end.

So, I still plan to plug along, and I know there will be hot streaks of fishing as I move forward.  As for the fishing right now, mediocre is better than nothing!


1 comment: