Thursday, October 29, 2020

A Great Week for Big RI Carp

 

Biggest carp this October is this chunky
28 lb.+ common that was caught on a warm
night. Big RI carp have been on a fall feed.

I've had a great week of October fishing for larger carp.  In a recent post I mentioned how large carp were on the fall feed here in RI, and this past week proves just what I was talking about.

In a one week period, I managed to land 8 carp over twenty pounds with the largest one going 28 lbs.  I also had good numbers of carp in the mid to upper teens. I was getting the fish at night as well as in the daytime.  The hot bait continues to be a combo bait of one kernel of maize along with one white, artificial, pop-up corn.  At times I was using a method ball; at times I was not.

I credit a couple of things for my success.  First off, the weather was warm for the most part. Secondly, this mid to late October time period is prime time to catch a large carp here in RI.  Thirdly, my logs of year's past indicated this was the time (and I knew the place)! And, I have put in a good amount of effort.

I am currently fishing the CAG National Big 4 Tournament.  In year's past, I had done my Big 4 tournament fishing in RI, MA and CT.  However, with travel prohibited to MA, I decided to fish just RI waters this fall.  And, it has paid off.  Currently, my four fish cumulative total is 108 lbs. There are still a couple of weeks left to this event, and I'm still hoping to find a RI "30" somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment