Friday, April 16, 2021

Brutal Conditions, Fish Still Hitting

 

This fully scaled mirror is one of two carp that I
landed last evening.  I had two more this evening
in some brutal weather.

Yes, I did fish the last two days and it was like fishing in the middle of February.  I thought for sure the weather would kill the fishing, but I did manage to find a few fish that were willing to hit.

Today was especially tough.  With snow mixing with rain, temperatures stayed in the 30's with a stiff wind. Prior to today I had a streak of 15 straight days of catching carp in April.  So I was hoping to extend that streak today. I baited up one of my favorite spots with maize this afternoon and returned in the evening.  It took all of ten minutes before the alarm screamed, and I was onto a carp that took my combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn on the hair rig.  That fish was a beautiful mirror that weighed about 6 lbs. Another fish about the same size was landed a half hour later, and I had one more fish on that I lost.  On a brutal night when I knew that catching one fish would be a big deal, I was quite pleased with landing 2 carp.

I am hoping to get back to catching larger fish this week once this nasty weather clears out and warmer weather returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment