Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The Slow Rise to 100

 

Here is my 100th carp of the year that I landed
tonight at dark. It's been a long and winding 
road to get to 100 this year.

I hit a milestone tonight with my 100th carp for 2021.  

It hasn't been easy.  This is the latest in the year that I've gotten my 100th fish in the last ten years.  I can't put my finger on why the slow fishing thus far in 2021....cold and snowy February, inconsistent weather, lots of people fishing, lots of disruptions (boats, kayaks, etc).  Pick any one or a combination.

The weather in the last week has become much nicer and more favorable for consistent fishing.  In fact, I have been getting 2 to 5 fish an outing with no blank days. So, things are looking up for now.

I've switched my bait choices in the past week.  Sweet corn is out because of the emergence of pests (turtles, bluegills, horned pout).  I am now fishing combo baits for the most part that consist of maize and plastic corn fished on the hair rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment