Sunday, May 30, 2021

Big Misery Factor, Big Reward

 

Miserable weather can deliver some impressive 
fish.  This carp from yesterday's awful weather
tipped the scales at 32 lbs. The fish was a spawned
out female.

As many of you know, I have written many times about carp fishing in nasty, stormy weather. Most of those times have led to memorable days.

Well, I did fish yesterday in that awful May weather.  Temperatures were in the 40's with a big wind and driving rain.  The misery factor was off the charts. Yet, the fishing was very good.  The highlight of my day was my second biggest carp of the year at 32 lbs. This was a spawned out female that looked like she was in a bar brawl. Had I caught this fish before she spawned, I'm sure she would have gone mid to upper 30's. In addition to that fish I landed 6 others that ranged from 5 to 13 lbs. The fish were also quite active with loads of fish jumping and whirling. All my fish were caught on hair rigged corn with a white artificial corn added.

3 comments:

  1. Dave that’s a amazing fish you are my fishing idol I dream to fish along you one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY MAN!!! I was JUST speaking about how you’re famous for breaking the record constantly and here we are!!! With this weather I actually changed gears on to stripers! Went north of the Henderson bridge where we last spoke about and actually landed a 27incher! Along with tons of schoolies! Hope to see you on the kayak out there some time! I’ll sure be wading !

    ReplyDelete