Wednesday, December 8, 2021

3rd Place- National CAG Fall Big 4 Tournament!

 Just like I have been doing for the past ten years, I competed, once again, in the CAG Fall Big 4 Tournament.  This event took place from Oct. 1 to November 30. About 70 high level carp anglers (all CAG members) from all over the US entered this popular event. You could fish anywhere you wanted.  The idea was to enter your 4 biggest carp by weight.  Add those totals and that became your points. You also had to provide documentation- photo of fish with scale and logo.  Just like the spring Big 4, I had my BIGGEST fall total ever in this event.  My final total ended up 112 lbs., 14 oz.  My four biggest fish were 30 lbs. 4 oz., 30 lbs. 2 oz., 26 lbs. 8 oz. and 26 lbs. You may all be very surprised to learn that all those carp were landed in RI waters.

This fishing this fall was particularly tough.  There was one big storm after another (weather I like, but when trees are falling around you, it can be too much of a good thing).  Temperatures were also on a roller coaster- warm one day, frigid the next. And, with all the rain, the water was exceptionally high all fall.  High water is not the best of conditions. Still, all in all, I was quite pleased with my results.  For my 3rd place finish, I won a $100 gift certificate to Big Carp Tackle.

This carp with a beer barrel belly was my second largest of 
the tournament at 30 lbs., 2 oz.



No comments:

Post a Comment