Friday, December 10, 2021

Bottom Line- Still Hitting

 I got out twice in the last five days and fished a number of places.  I fished the warmest part of the day in the afternoon, one of the key times to fish in December.  I landed a total of 5 carp that ranged from 6 to 12 lbs.  It wasn't hot and heavy action, but not bad either for the second week in December.

Carp will continue to hit around here so long as the ponds and lakes are not iced over.  At this time of year, the prime spots are "small spots".  Places like small ponds and shallow bodies of water that warm up on a warm day offer the best bets at catching carp. I've never had much success at large, deep lakes and ponds.

I'm still fishing the same stuff I have used all fall.  That combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn on the hair rig is still really producing.  Sweet corn can also be good.  Sometimes I use a method ball around the sinker, sometimes I don't.

With a big warm up coming in the next week, expect the carp fishing here in RI to be productive.

Here's a hefty 12 lb. common coming ashore. Even though it's
December, the carp continue to hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment