Saturday, May 7, 2022

Pink Colors Hot

 

Check out what's in the lip of a carp
I caught today.  It's a combo bait of
a pink artificial corn along with 
a kernel of real maize.

Pink in the hot bait color.  Every bait I use I try to add some pink to it.  In the last two weeks that bright pink  has done the trick in luring good numbers of carp of all sizes to hit. 

Here's a few ideas that have worked well:

1. Pink plastic pop-up corn with a kernel of real corn on the hair rig- This has scored big numbers of fish for me with the pink pop-up far outproducing my old standby white pop-up. I like to use this set-up with a method ball packed around my sinker.

2. Pink quads with either a kernel of real corn or a white plastic pop-up- Quads are small square-like baits similar to a boilie.  They are quite buoyant so this set up lifts off the bottom. Quads are produced by Mainline baits and are hard to find (more coming on this in a later post).  I also fish this with a method ball.

3. Pink, strawberry flavored boilies-  These have also been working in either a sinking or floating version.  I like the 12mm or 15 mm size. Sometimes I cut these in half and use it with another bait, usually a kernel of maize.

No comments:

Post a Comment