Tuesday, December 6, 2022

CAG National Big 4 Fall Tournament- 8th place

 

My biggest carp in the CAG Big 4 tournament
was this 30 lb., 4 oz. beauty. My four fish total
was 108 lbs., 4 oz., good for 8th place.

I recently competed in the CAG National Big 4 Tournament.  This tournament runs nationally for 2 months in October and November.  This year over 40 of the best carp fishermen in the US took part in this big event. The goal here was to enter your 4 biggest carp by weight.  You needed to provide photo evidence of the catches along with photos of your scale and the CAG logo. You could fish anywhere in the US. Prizes were awarded for the top 10 finishers.

I ended up in 8th place.  I always try to get into the top 10, but it seems to get harder and harder every year. You need to accumulate at least 100 points to have any chance of cracking the top 10 in this fall event.  Not easy if you are just concentrating your fishing here in RI.  So, I was pleased with the 8th place finish which got me a nice gift certificate to Big Carp Tackle, one of my favorite online stores.

My point total was 108 lbs., 6 oz.  I had carp of 30/2, 27/8, 26/8 and 24/4 pounds.  That gave me an average of over 27 lbs. a fish.  Fishing this fall was particularly difficult due to the changeable weather, and I had to really work to land these 4 big fish. All of these fish were released in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment