Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Start of the Fall Feed

 

This brightly colored common was one of many 
carp landed today. The fall feed has begun!

There has been a significant uptick in carp fishing in the last five days for me since we have been having these cold nights.  I call it the start of the fall feed. Every year about this time, dropping air and water temperatures signal to the carp that winter is coming.  This sets in motion increased feeding in preparation for winter. I've seen this uptick this week.  I had not been doing well and all of a sudden, I'm catching good numbers and some larger fish.  In the last week, I have landed three carp over 20 lbs. I've also landed some good numbers of smaller ones.  I had 12 carp in the last two days, real good numbers.  In addition, I've seen bubble trails and fish jumping in the places I have been fishing.  I didn't see that several weeks ago. The activity level has jumped.

So, if you are a carp fisherman, right now is one of the best times to get out and fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment