Wednesday, August 12, 2026

UNEVENTFUL

 


While I wrote that July carp fishing turned out to be better than expected for me, I have to say that August fishing, so far, has been uneventful.  The small ones continue to hit but not in big numbers.  I still manage to get a decent one every once in a while. Earlier in the week I had a 20, but for every fish over twenty pounds, I probably land 15 small ones under ten pounds.  Still, the skunks have been rare as I have been able to catch 1,2, or 3 carp on just about every outing in August. 

This is August fishing in some real hot weather. It's not great but not poor either.  Just simply uneventf

August fishing has been uneventful with fair 
numbers of small ones.

ul! Things will change as we begin to see the cooler days and nights in September.

By the way, the turtles (both sun turtles and snappers) continue to be a big problem as they are super active in this warm weather.  Just can't seem to get away from them. I have to reel in often and check to see if the bait is still on the hair as they will steal it without as much as a twitch on the rod tip.