Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mid Day Fishing Productive

It happens every year about this time.  As the nights get colder, the fish become far more active in the warmer daytime hours.  I noticed a real uptick in activity in the daytime this week with mid day producing the best.  In the last three days I have landed 10 carp up into the twenties with the best action occuring from 11 AM until 1 PM.  That is the warmest part of the day.  In addition, I tried one evening right before dark, a good time to fish in the warmer months, and I blanked.  This is not to say that the fish will not hit late in the day or even after dark.  Last November, I fished some of the warm nights after dark and caught fish, so it can happen especially if the night is warm.  However, we are moving into a colder time period from now until winter in which daytime will be the best time to catch carp because it is the warmest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment