Friday, November 29, 2013

600th Carp of the Year Falls on Cold Day

I landed my 600th carp of the year today on this cold day.  The fish, a mirror of about 10 lbs. hit hair rigged pineapple flavored Pescaviva (sweet corn).  This fish was part of a three fish outing.  I had two other mirrors.  They were hitting in a place that was partially covered with ice, but I was able to fish in an open spot. The best fishing occurred from 1:00 to 3:00, the warmest part of this cold day.  That time period is prime time to fish in the next month. Yes, they will continue hitting until the ice puts an end to the season.  In most years I am able to continue catching carp until mid December, but two years ago, I was able to catch them all winter long in open water.
This good looking mirror was my 600th carp of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment