Friday, November 8, 2013

Disappointing Week

It has not been a good week of carp fishing.  I have been out just about every day in the last week, I have fished at least 6 different spots, and I have landed only three fish.
Novembers are usually not this bad.  In the past I have been able to average about 50 carp in the month of November. This November has been colder than normal and I attribute the cold weather, especially the cold nights, for the dismal start.  However, I also know that November can be streaky.  In other years, I have had some hot periods where I might catch 15 or 20 fish in a few days.  Let's not forget also that I landed the biggest freshwater fish ever caught in RI (36 lb. common carp) two years ago on November 10.  So, yes it can get very good in November.
If you look at the forecast for the next week, it is not good.  Temperatures next week will be in the 30's and low 40's for the most part by day and in the low 20's at night. So, looks like the tough fishing will continue until and extended warm period lights things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment