Saturday, May 9, 2020

Inconsistent Weather = Inconsistent Fishing

Here is my 300th carp for 2020. Fishing has been inconsistent
in May.
The weather in May is following the patterns of April.  It's all over the place. Warm, cold, wind, calm, rainy, sunny. It never seems to get in a consistent pattern, and that has really thrown off the carp fishing for me. On the few warm days, I did quite well, but when those nighttime temperatures dropped into the 30's the fishing fell off. Let's hope we get into a consistent weather pattern soon.
On a positive note, I landed my 300th carp of the year this week.  It was a nice looking 10 lb. mirror. I got it on a combo bait of maize and a white artificial corn fished on the hair rig.
By the way, I am now fishing with maize rather than sweet corn.  The pests (turtles, bluegills, horned pout) are now out in force, and the maize is more durable and lasts longer than the delicate sweet corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment