Friday, July 9, 2021

Fantastic Day in Today's Tropical Deluge

 

Here is one of three twenty pound
carp landed today in the tropical
storm. I also had 5 other smaller fish.

Based on past experiences, I just knew that today's carp fishing would be real good in this tropical storm. I've fished in northeasters, hurricanes and tropical storms and all of those events light up the fishing. And, it did today! In all, I landed 8 fish, but here's the big story of the day.  Three of those fish were in the 20 to 25 lb. range.  Those are real good fish for July.

Stormy weather like today's seems to really charge up the carp, and sends them on a reckless feeding spree.  The weather was wild with deluges of rain pelting down, wind blowing the rain sideways and small tree branches coming down.  My kind of fishing weather! Action prior to today had been fair at best for the last week or so with smaller fish dominating the fishing. Along comes a tropical storm and all that changes.

The hot bait today was a kernel of real maize and a white artificial corn on the hair rig.  I was also using a method ball packed around my sinker.

Sorry for the lack of photos....impossible in the heavy rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment