Friday, August 5, 2022

Productive in the Heat

 

I caught this chunky common this morning.  
Carp fishing has been consistently fair in this
hot weather.

It's like fishing in an oven with this heat, yet the carp are still hitting. I was out a few mornings this week and I caught fish every outing. It's not big numbers but I usually can get a fish or two in a couple of hours. I'd call it "consistently fair".

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am using just an artificial corn and a real piece of maize on the hair rig.  I'm not using a method ball because the pests (turtles, bluegills, horned pout) have been super active in this heat, and that method ball really attracts them.

My advice to anyone going out to fish for carp this weekend is to fish in the cooler times of the day like early morning, evening or even at night. Find a shady spot in the daytime because fishing in the sun can be downright dangerous in these extreme temperatures. And, drink plenty of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment