Saturday, August 21, 2021

500

Number 500 on the year.

 I landed my 500th carp of the year today. It was a good looking mirror that weighed about 8 lbs.  In past years, I have reached that 500 mark right around September 1st, so in that respect this number is about average.

What sets this year apart from others for me is the number of big fish I have been able to land. Already, I've logged in 5 fish over 30 lbs. here in RI. That is the most fish over 30 I have ever landed in a calendar year in RI, and with several more months to go, there is a good chance I will get a couple more.  In addition, I've landed big numbers of carp from 25 to 29 lbs., sizes considered very large for RI.  I credit a lot of stormy weather for that big fish success. It's amazing how these big fish come to life in crappy weather.

I do plan to get out and fish in this tropical storm/hurricane forecast for tomorrow. My success on these types of days has been incredible in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment