Friday, August 27, 2021

Heat + Sun + Calm = No Good

 I fished in the tropical storm on Sunday, and caught good numbers of carp.  I also fished the next day in the wind and cloudiness and caught good numbers of carp. Then, I fished in the heat wave on Tuesday and Wednesday and did not even get a hit.

Experienced carpers know that carp turn on during those rainy, crappy and stormy periods.  That low pressure gives carp a sense of reckless abandon and the urge to feed.  I could see it on that tropical storm day as I saw some some big carp jumping through the waves and white caps and others were torpedoing out of the water. They were as charged up as the weather.

Over the years I have learned to fish nasty weather, and quite frankly, I like fishing in the storminess.  I have had some of my biggest days with some of my biggest fish on days of northeasters, tropical storms, downpours and hurricanes. And, I have had some of my poorest outings on tranquil days with sun and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment