Saturday, August 7, 2021

Cool and rainy Keep it Hot!

Here's the biggest carp of the day on Thursday
in those monsoon rains. The fish went 20 lbs.

 It's been a cool and rainy summer so far and that has kept the fishing hot for me.  I had one of the better Julys this year as I landed well over 100 carp.  Not only did I have big numbers, but I also had big fish with many  carp over the 20 lb. mark.  The crappy weather along with the hot action just continued into August. I got a rare  RI August 30 lber. about a week ago along with several more fish in the twenties.  Smaller carp have been abundant.

I fished Thursday in that monsoon rain.  Once again, crappy weather and hot fishing.  There were times when I would cast out and even before I could position the rod on the alarm, the line was screaming off.  They would pick up the bait almost immediately.  I ended that rainy day with 10 carp with the biggest going 20 lbs.

Here's a rare 30 lb. common being released
from the weigh sling. Fish this size are rare in
the dead of summer.


All of my fish in the past month have fallen for the combo bait of maize and a white pop-up on the hair rig.  I'm also packing a method ball around my sinker which has also attracted turtles, catfish and suckers at time.

No comments:

Post a Comment