Wednesday, December 7, 2011

700th Carp of the Year

I hit a real milestone today as I landed my 700th carp for 2011.  It is the most carp I have ever caught in a single year, surpassing the 645 carp that I landed in 2009.  This has been a great fishing year for me with loads of very large fish, several record breaking fish and big numbers of them. 
I must say that getting that 700th fish was a chore.  It has been great carp weather in the last few days but the carp have generally been uncooperative.  In the last three days, I have been able to land only two fish, and that's about 15 hours of fishing. And, these were not headline fish with both commons going only 6-7 lbs.  Not great, but hey, it's December 7, and last year at this time, pond and lake fishing was over with ice forming on the ponds and snow on the ground.  With this year's warm weather, I predict I have at least a couple of more weeks of fishing.  It will probably be slow going, but there are still fish to be had.

2 comments:

  1. Great milestone!!! I'm glad I was there to see some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like a superhero!
    We're writing a book, we're catching and eating every kind of freshwater fish in NH, carp have been elusive to us. Any chance you want to come to NH and fish with us? Do you carp fish all winter? Let us know if you want to get involved with guys like us. Nick has fished with us. www.catch-m-all.com

    ReplyDelete