Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Terrific December Outing

At this time of year I am hoping to catch a fish or two.  A good outing would yield one carp, any size.  After all, this is December and many people say carp are not supposed to hit at all in cold water.  Well, I'm not sold on that thinking as I have taken decent numbers of them in December in years past.
On this day after the big storm, everything was wrong.....cold with wind chills in the low 30's, very high water, big winds and leaves and debris all over the water. However, the carp were on a rampage.  In a little over two hours, I landed 8 commons, my best December outing ever.  I had no big ones, but I did land all scrappy 4-6 lbers.  These fish were aggressive and from the screaming alarms, you'd think they were on an early fall feeding binge. All the fish were caught on pineapple flavored Pescaviva (sweet corn) fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment