Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hot December Fishing

This is the best first half of December I have ever fished for carp here in RI.  I have been mainly focusing on the northern part of the state and catching fish in multiple spots. Other members of the RI Carp Anglers Group are also reporting good carp fishing in the eastern part of the state and the central part of the state. To give you an idea of how good it is, consider in the last three days I have landed 16 carp from 5-14 lbs.  Those would be very good numbers in mid season, unheard of in December in RI.  The fish are active.  I have seen fish jumping and I have seen bubble trails in a number of locations.  I'm also catching in the morning, mid day and even after dark.  My biggest in the last few days came at 8 o'clock at night when temps were only in the thirties, but the fish were still hitting.  My hot bait continues to be pineapple flavored sweet corn, although I know others are catching them on unflavored sweet corn.  Enjoy this hot December fishing while you can because I assure you the end will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment